Mobile technologies, which came into our lives in the early 2000s, brought significant changes in data access and payment habits. Especially the development of smart mobile phones played a major role in the exponential increase in digital sales. Research shows that smartphones and tablets are the primary platforms for many people and the only internet platforms for some.
Nowadays, many people visit and use digital stores on smartphones and tablets. People prefer mobile phones that they can carry with them at any time to bulky desktop platforms. Smart mobile phones that perform synchronized transactions like GSM authentication, password control, and virtual bank usage make life easy for people using them.
So, is the e-commerce infrastructure suitable for e-export? What are the mobile e-export / e-commerce markets? Does it make sense to sell on Etsy and Amazon? You can browse the rest of the content for detailed answers to all these questions.
The Future of Mobile Technologies
The increase in mobile use has deeply affected retailers and physical stores. More than half of global e-commerce takes place on mobile devices. Therefore, companies working in the retail industry, direct their customers to make sales through their own applications. Another development is the acceleration of autonomous store technologies. In the near future, when you enter any physical store, you’ll be able to read the products through your mobile app and pay online via your phone. Digital rivals will be shops without salespeople and cashiers.
Which One is Better? Mobile App or Mobile Website
There are many reasons for the rapid adoption of mobile applications by consumers. Compared to mobile websites, mobile apps are both faster and stable. It is easier for the user to manage basic operations such as product search, listing, and purchase. Looking at the North American statistics for 2018, mobile applications have 3 times higher conversion rates than mobile sites.
In addition, many users have witnessed the long and troublesome process of buying on a mobile shopping site over their phone. The rate of adding the product to the shopping cart on mobile sites and abandoning the shopping after this point and leaving the site is much higher than the mobile applications.
Application icons and shortcuts always appear on the screen. The users may easily recognize your application icon even when using the phone to access another application. In this way, it is possible to keep your brand awareness high. Mobile applications are more reliable to protect user data besides the benefits of one-click payment, fast page loading and easy product filtering. Furthermore, mobile apps can send “push messages” on mobile devices that will attract the user’s attention. In this way, you can remind your customers of specific messages such as campaigns, discounts, new products, current announcements or news.
Advantages of Mobile Technologies
Along with the rapid developments in the field of business, significant changes are taking place in customer preferences. Businesses that appreciate the value of online commerce are trying to offer a unique “user experience” to their target audience. In this experience, the importance of “mobile compatibility” draws more attention. Businesses that started to use mobile applications continue to grow rapidly.
Let’s talk about how to do this:
- 1. High Field Sales Potential Every individual who is a potential consumer wants to be able to do daily tasks while traveling. We can add almost any transaction, from paying bills to ordering food. As mobile usage is a very important part of e-commerce, it is developing and growing at an ever-increasing pace. With the increase in the use of mobile devices, e-commerce businesses are taking new initiatives to keep up with mobile compatibility.
- 2. Process Automation According to mobile usage trends, many tasks can be effectively automated. Businesses in the e-commerce industry can offer their customers automatic payment options, billing, and notifications. Attractive and useful mobile applications can also easily meet the needs of traveling customers.
- 3. Mobile Compatible Businesses If your business isn’t ready to use a mobile app, you’re missing great revenue opportunities. High-end applications are an integral part of mobile compatibility. With applications, users have the opportunity to do all their work from simple tasks to complex operations. For this reason, the vast majority of e-commerce businesses and owners are creating attractive and easily available mobile applications for their customers. So, consumers may be able to make purchases independently of their location and contribute to the revenue of e-commerce portals.
- 4. Easy Access to Online Markets Besides your own e-commerce site, there are lots of marketplaces where you can do cross border e-commerce. Amazon, eBay, Etsy and Newegg are among the most popular online marketplaces. When it comes to e-commerce, Amazon.com comes to mind first. Opening a store in Amazon means opening a store in a market 5 times more popular than the nearest competitor’s e-commerce site. Through the integration panel of your e-commerce site, you can make sales from your own site and online marketplaces at the same time.
- 5. Mobile Infrastructure in Cross Border E-commerce E-commerce infrastructure helps you sell your products systematically. It allows you to open doors to the global world thanks to the currency and content translation features depending on the country you are selling. Cargo tracking, inventory count and e-invoice transactions can automatically be performed with a single button. If you have a strong e-commerce infrastructure, you can perform the cross border e-commerce process more easily. You may upload your products with your stock and system information integrated to your web site. Sales, orders, keywords, images, categories, informations and descriptions can be managed simply from a single platform. From stock management to automated customer response, you can easily follow the entire process online.
Things to Consider When Cross Border E-commerce via Mobile Technologies
- Choose the right keywords for your target audience
The content of your mobile e-commerce application should be presented in a variety of languages to support your mobile e-business. In this way, it is possible to organize professional content marketing in different languages. Possible searches of your target audience through the application stores can be analyzed so that users can access your products and brand. In addition, some local language keywords may be included in the content.
- Consider the country-based tax system When pricing in cross border e-commerce, remember taking country-based tax systems into consideration. Add possible tax charges in total price so that customers can easily see the amount they need to pay. In this way, you can protect your customers from additional costs and ensure their loyalty.
- Check alternative payment options Offering only a credit card payment option may limit your sales potential. It is important to provide alternative payment options such as PayPal and PayU, especially for mobile users who do not prefer credit cards. By offering different payment channels, you can improve customer satisfaction and build your brand trust.