Although sales on important shopping days look easy due to market movement, it is actually hard to deal with a competitive environment and keep the customer satisfied.
Consumers have a higher tendency to purchase before New Year, Valentine’s Day, Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha in Turkey or other similar periods. This will make e-commerce websites smile. But it is important for sales websites and brands to make a detailed analysis and planning to benefit from these intense periods with maximum performance and high return. To do that, e-commerce websites need to start their brand and merchandising before these days.
For this purpose:
- Special days in a year must be identified in detail. For example, if December 31 is on Thursday, consumers who will organize a 4-day New Year holiday should be considered. Planning should be done accordingly.
- Which day is Valentine’s Day? Which products will be sold more on Valentine’s Day? All this information should be included in a detailed plan.
- What are the gift alternatives for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day? These workers should be based on economic factors, inflation, and similar developments.
- How long will Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha holidays last? These holidays are important for the tourism sector and tourism sector employers.
- Special days mentioned above must be identified in detail and feasibility work must be provided. How should you optimize your e-commerce website and which path should you follow during Valentine’s Day, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, religious holidays and New Year where gift sales are at its peak?
Here you can find some tips:
- 1- You need to complete your e-commerce website for special days.
Before these special days, it is important whether your website is ready for these events depending on your activity area. For example, if you have a gift e-commerce website, are you ready for high intensity on Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and similar periods? Can your website infrastructure handle this intensity? Is your security application up-to-date? Do you have sufficient inventory? All the answers to these questions must be “yes”.
In this case:
- You need to prevent 404 errors.
- You need to check linking on the website.
- You need to check categories and prices.
- You need to organize your keywords. You need to review your SEO content.
- You need to view competitor websites and handle insufficient parts.
- You need to keep your page and image loading speed as high as possible. This will help you to be ahead of your competitors or at least to compete with them.
- 2- You need to review your website’s mobile application.
Majority of people who buy a gift on a special day complete the purchase on mobile applications. Therefore, it is vital for your mobile application to run, active and up-to-date.
- 3- Editing product names and titles on your website will attract user attention.
An effective title will rank your website higher on search engines and increase your sales rate. Therefore, it is better to be extra careful about your titles.
- 4- Caring for your social media campaigns and working in this aspect will have a positive impact on your sales.
You need to try to keep your social media page active all the time. Before special days, it is advantageous to create ad campaigns on social media networks. Thus, you can reach more consumers and your website recognition increases.
- Take your time for a social media account!
If you are managing your own social media, it is important to allocate time for that. If your social media account is managed by another firm, you need to plan together and audit these people working for you.
- 5- You need to create detailed time management.
In e-commerce, time planning is extremely important. Deciding if your products will meet the right target audience and setting your strategies to increase sales will be beneficial.
Techniques for Sales on Amazon
Every e-commerce brand dreams to expand abroad and searches for ways to do that. Since there are only many businesses that can do that, why don’t you become a player in the global market? Amazon sales could be a good option for this purpose. What path should you follow to sell your products on Amazon?
- There are lots of products you can sell in Europe via Amazon. You can operate actively abroad if you synchronize with Europe holidays.
- You can make your products sold on Amazon to be seen by millions of individuals.
- It is important to find ways to make potential customers click on your products to be noticed on Amazon.
- Amazon organizes camps in the US for sales technique training. You can participate in these events and seminars and learn about tips and catch more effective sales opportunities.
You Can Make a Progress in Following Topics in Training Camps or During Online Amazon Training
- You can learn how to create an Amazon seller account.
- You will learn about money withdrawal.
- You can learn solutions against possible problems and ways to make a difference.
- You will learn about finding a manufacturer.
- You will be informed about creating sales strategies, appearing on the first page and advertisement methods.
- You can discover how to effectively use the website and social media networks.
- You can discover new ways to increase positive reviews and feedback from your sales.
Click for Amazon training
Sales on International Marketplaces
Although it is not easy to sell abroad via the internet, you can be successful if you follow the correct path.
For this purpose:
- First, you need to choose your market.
- You need to identify your market and target audience in these markets to sell your products.
- It is important to consider economic, political, social structures, legal procedures, habits, tendencies, tax rules, billing systems of selected countries as well as negative and positive aspects.
- You need to know your possible competitors, competition conditions and at what point and level will you be participating to the market.
- You need to make sure that your products are needed in the selected market. There is no guarantee in e-commerce and commerce but if you have a chance to choose more realistic targets.
- When you expand abroad, you can sell via global marketplaces.
Becoming one of the players of global teams of e-commerce like eBay, Alibaba, AliExpress, and others can create an important advantage to feel the support of these important brands. These marketplaces are important brands with existing customers. Some of these customers can reach your brand and products from this point. Thus, you will reach a significant portion of your potential customers right at the beginning.
Expanding Abroad with Your Name and Website
If you want to expand abroad with your own website, you need to learn delivery conditions and time for your shipment. Longer delivery time will cause negativity for the brand-customer relationship. Customers who choose e-commerce shopping do not want to wait for a long time for their orders. Therefore, they have doubts before cross-border orders. You can choose to partner with foreign firms to decrease your delivery time and strengthen your international connections.
If you are planning to sell abroad from your own website, you need to accept international payment. Therefore, after choosing your market, it is important to know how you can collect payments and integrate your website into this system. You also need to adjust currency under suitable conditions. You can handle currencies by exchange rates and set your product prices accordingly.